Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Land Of The Creeps Episode 206: Halloween Campfire Stories


HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!
Welcome to LOTC's episode 206, Halloween Campfire Stories. Halloween is the time of year that Us horror fans look forward to the most. A time where ghost and goblins roam the streets, witches are flying in the black sky. Kiddies are filling the streets with their favorite costumes in hopes of receiving candy and goodies while knocking on doors saying " Trick Or Treat ". We here at LOTC are here to hopefully bring some treats your way as well as we present to You our Campfire stories. Nothing is better, or creepier, then sitting by a fire with a group of friends and telling your favorite ghost stories. We are presenting movies and or scenes that scared, terrified or shocked us through out our lives. With several movies mentioned as well as personal stories of the the macabre we are in hopes you will be entertained and maybe even terrified with this show.
We want to give special thanks to our guests this episode, Greg Bensch and Peter Nielson. These guys had some great insight and stories that will keep you looking under your bed before you go to sleep tonight. Below will be links to where you can get in touch with these great guys. Peter co-hosts on Retro Movie Geeks podcast. You should all totally check them out.
We also had some great voicemails from our listeners. You guys are amazing. We would love to have even more of our listeners call in to our shows. It is a free call, 24-7. You can call anytime to 1-804-569-5682. We love to hear from you. Our Facebook and Twitter universe brought many great stories and movies as well. Thank You so much for always delivering. YOU guys and gals are our show!!!
So as Halloween is here, pop your popcorn, get your candy, turn out your lights, turn up the volume and be prepared to be scared with this episode. HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! BOO!!!!
HELP KEEP HORROR ALIVE!!

Greg Bensch Links
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram

Peter Nielson Links
Facebook
Instagram
Retro Movie Geek Podcast

Bill Van Veghel Link
Facebook
Letterboxd

LOTC Links :

GregaMortis

Haddonfield Hatchet

Dr. Shock
Universal Monster Cast
We Deal In Lead
Horror Movie Podcast

Jessie Robbins Links :
Bloody Hook Podcast Itunes
Bloody Hook Podcast Stitcher

LOTC Hotline Number
1-804-569-5682
1-804-569-LOTC

LOTC Intro is provided by Andy Ussery, Below are links to his social media
Email:
Facebook
Twitter

Outro music provided by Greg Whitaker Below is Greg's Twitter account
Twitter

6 comments:

  1. GregaMortis and LOTC crew!
    I'm lovin' this episode, and I'm so impressed that GregaMortis braved "The Last Descent." ha ha I know exactly what you mean, Greg. It is a rough film, and it has haunted me ever since I first saw it, so I figured I should pass it along since misery loves company. : ) Anyway, thanks for checking it out, and thanks for playing my voicemail! You guys are the best! Happy Michael Myers Day! -Jay of the Dead

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Jay for recommending The Last Decent. As hard of a movie it is to watch, it was really touching. I am with you in that I will not be able to watch again due to how it touched me. Glad you are enjoying this episode. We had such a great time recording for sure.

      Delete
  2. Loving the episode, guys! I wanted to share a movie with you guys that impacted me greatly me as a kid. It’s 1978’s “The Legacy”. I remember my dad taking me to see this movie when I was 6 years-old (a shout out to everyone born in ‘72!). It stars Sam Elliot Katharine Ross, and even The Who’s Roger Daltrey. It was directed by Richard Marquand, who later went on to “Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi”. It’s not as much of a horror movie as it is a murder mystery, but there are several scenes that definitely left an indelible impression on me as little a kid. Without giving any spoilers, there are several scenes involving an indoor pool, a chicken bone, a hospital gurney, and an inescapable road that have stuck with me to this day. I think it’s one of those movies that never got much love when it was released and was quickly forgotten. I’ve never heard anyone cover it on any podcast but I think it’s worth a rainy day watch. Keep up the great work guys! Allan Rutledge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Allan, thank you so much for commenting. I am thankful you are listening and enjoying. Hell yes to 1972, year I was born!!! I actually have seen The Legacy and it is a disturbing film. It really does need more attention. I really appreciate you sharing your story. Help Keep Horror Alive

      Delete
  3. Excellent episode, guys. Loving the campfire tales. I realize this is a bit late, but I'm still catching up. Lol.
    I wanted to throw my hat in the ring regarding A Serbian Film. While it is truly repugnant and vile and any other word you can think of to describe a gross and offensive film, I have to agree with Bill that it is excellently shot and well-made. I had the benefit of seeing it at Fantasia Film Festival in Montreal in 2010, with the filmmakers in attendance for a Q&A, which went a long way toward explaining - and in some odd way, justifying - the atrocities seen in the film. If you haven't seen the film yet or if you have the stomach to revisit it, I would suggest reading my review (https://www.ioncinema.com/news/uncategorized/fantasia-2010-srdjan-spasojevics-a-serbian-film) and watching the Q&A that I filmed (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwWxClPdd9w) after the screening to perhaps add a little perspective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jason, Thank You for listening and for your comment. You are never to late and I am just so excited you are listening. I will check out your review for sure and the QA. It would take a lot to gave me revisit it but am willing to give it a go if you think it is worth it. Once again thank you for commenting and for listening to the show.

      Delete